Monday, October 13, 2008

Sec 4 SS Consultation (ignore previous post)

The school has told me to confirm some time slots, so barring any last minute changes, these are the slots that I've come up with. I just want to quickly inform everyone. They will be posted on Eblaze as well. Barring any changes,

here's the plan. I've even come up with some FAQs~!

15th Oct Wed 130-330pm: Class 4-5
16th Oct Thurs 130-330pm: Class 4-6
17th Oct Fri 130-330pm: Class 4-8

Venue: Library

What's gonna happen:
You will ask question. I will answer your question. Simple as that. I repeat, I'm not gonna conduct any lesson nor revise on any particular topic. You will come prepared with questions, than in the course of answering your queries I might indirectly revise, and so on.
Things like SBQ techniques, format, SEQ techniques, format. Reading of SS paper, finding tone, purpose etc. Content of Sec 3 and Sec 4 chapters (pls at least show me if you have tried to read and digest and still don't understand, and that's why you're asking me. If not, just go read your textbooks for the content.).

Is it optional?
Yes, it is.

Can I bring food?
Er, preferably not. Some sweets I don't mind I guess.

Should I bring sweets for the teacher?
Yes. Sharing is caring.

Will there be extra notes given out?
Nope, but I'll be giving you exam papers from other schools.

Will there be spotting of exam questions?
Nope.

What to bring?
Whatever notes you want to bring; questions / exam papers / past year papers you wanna discuss.

When other people are asking questions, what do I do?
I will share the questions with the class, and go through them together.

Do I need to pay for consultation?
-_-'''

What if I'm emo, but I really want to go for the consultation?
Then er, just come and sit there and hope there are others asking questions. If it's just the two of us, then we'll emo together.

What if I have questions, but I really am too shy to go down?
Well this is your Os, so shyness wouldn't get you good results. If you are really so shy, then post your question here and remain anonymous?

What if I am supposed to attend (for eg) Wednesday's class, but I can't make it. Can I go the other slot?
If there's no other choice, then I guess so. If not, stick to the class slot.

Mr Ng why you so unfriendly, don't give me your handphone number? You think I so free to spam you, or you think I will wanna ask you out meh?
I'm sorry. Like I said. Personal policy. Thanks for respecting and understanding it.

If I am coming, must I tag the board? Can I just drop by?
If you think you're coming and are already at this site, why not just tag? But yah of course, 'walk-ins' are fine.

Social Studies so difficult, I sure fail. Go also no use.
Disagree to biggest extreme extent. It's not difficult. You just need to equip yourself with some skills. When you received your scripts back, you always notice: people who write a lot longer than you doesn't mean they get higher marks. It's how you phrase things. If you have been practising, you will realise it's always the same 'links', same impacts, just need to rephrase a bit here and there.

Wah Mr Ng you very free hor type so many FAQs?
No I am not, and I shall stop here. Ciao.

No comments: